Tenancy Management Worker (From Homelessness to a Home)
South Eastern Melbourne
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rate: $35.28-39.30 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
- Generous car reimbursement work related costs included
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Full Time (38 hours p/week)
- Servicing South Eastern Melbourne
- Office location TBD – travel to housing sites required
Who are we?
Wintringham Housing provides housing services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. We developed our Housing Program to support our clients in maintaining stable long-term housing and improve their health and well-being.
The From Homelessness to a Home (H2H) initiative supports the people who have experienced long-term homelessness and disadvantage and have complex needs. This program will provide the affordable housing and support they need to promote their health and wellbeing and prevent a return to homelessness.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a proactive individual to join our Tenancy Management Team as the Tenancy Management Worker (From Homelessness to a Home – H2H). Reporting to the Tenancy Manager, you will be responsible for managing units for the Homelessness to Home residents (H2H) in various locations in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997. You will also oversee tenancies in the H2H portfolio and coordinate the entry and exit of residents from housing properties in conjunction with other relevant service providers.
Your responsibilities and duties will also include:
- Fulfilling landlord duties in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997
- Managing tenancies to high standards in accordance with requirements as a Housing Association
- Assisting clients to maintain stable housing and independence through paying their rent, resolving arrears by proactively engaging with tenants in a timely and supportive manner, maintaining the properties and therefore sustaining their accommodation.
- Managing the (H2H) property and residents of those properties
- Coordinate the entry and exit of residents from housing properties in conjunction with other relevant service providers
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + great discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A current Victorian drivers licence and own reliable vehicle
- Real Estate Qualification – Real Estate Agent’s Representative (highly advantageous)
- Minimum of two years Community Housing experience
- A thorough understanding of the current VCAT/ Residential Tenancies Act 1997.
- Experience in working effectively and sensitively with a broad range of clients, including those with high support needs and challenging behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to social justice.
- Experience in CHINTARO and Console or industry Real Estate Management Software, trust accounting, Microsoft and Excel etc (highly advantageous)
- First Aid Certificate
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Applications can be directed to Tania Walsh (Tenancy Manager) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm Sunday 7th February 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application. Applicants must undergo the NDIS Screening Check at their own expense, however, Wintringham will cover the expense associated with obtaining a Police Records check.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.