- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive Rates!
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Generous kilometre reimbursement
- Casual Position
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a Not for Profit organisation which provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. . Located in Avondale Heights, the Ron Conn home provides high quality accommodation and care to 60 older men and women who require assistance with daily living and personal care.
Wintringham is seeking a Casual Recreation Officer to assist the Recreation Co-ordinator to continually develop and facilitate individual recreational pursuits designed to meet the leisure needs of each client.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensuring residents’ individual recreation interests are established and facilitated.
- Encouraging residents to maintain their community associations and contacts.
- Promoting recreational opportunities available within the broader community.
- Facilitating residents’ access to programs that will assist the maintenance of their independence.
- Facilitating residents’ access to venues, events and recreational opportunities.
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate and relevant documentation is up to date and meets ACFI requirements.
- Duties as directed by the Recreation Program Manager from time to time
Wintringham’ s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts that are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and we will ask you to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work? The opportunities are endless, with shifts in our Community Care programs on offer also.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Recreation, Leisure & Lifestyle qualifications or relevant degree level ( Students encouraged to apply )
- Interest in Social Justice Issues - Highly Valued
- Prior experience in Homelessness, Aged Care, Welfare, Disability, Allied Health or Community Care - Highly Desirable
- Current First Aid Certificate 2
- Current drivers licence
- Own reliable vehicle that is suitable for transporting clients and work purposes
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care Facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 19th August 2020.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application. Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have already undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.