Personal Care Assistant (Medication Qualified)
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Access to exclusive NFP Salary Packaging
- Competitive pay rates: $25.94 - $27.83 p/hr + 25% casual loading
- Multiple positions available – immediate start!
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Located in Avondale Heights, Ron Conn Nursing Home provides high quality accommodation and care to 60 older men and women who require assistance with daily living and personal care. We are currently seeking multiple enthusiastic and motivated Personal Care Assistants with the ability to administer medications to join our residential team at Ron Conn Nursing Home on a casual basis.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assisting residents with personal care including personal hygiene, dressing, grooming and other activities of daily living
- To observe and report changes in resident’s behaviour or physical condition
- To undertake medication management and treatment procedures as directed by the Residential Site Manager or person in charge
- To liaise with medical practitioners, pharmacists and other health services to provide relevant services for the care and wellbeing of the residents
- Assisting in the implementation of cigarette and alcohol programs
- Observing and reporting changes in residents behaviour or physical condition and maintain appropriate documentation as required
- Providing emotional support to residents
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Flexible working hours: Where applicable, we will offer flexible working hours that suit your life.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times
What we will need from you:
Successful applicants will have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care/Individual Support with completion of medication administration unit (HLTHPS006 - Assist Clients with Medication). It is essential that applicants have excellent communication skills and an understanding of the special needs of older people. Your qualifications and skills will be further supported by:
- Prior experience in Aged Care (preferred)
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- A caring approach
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
- Current CPR & First Aid.
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here.
Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF format.
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday 7th October 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.