Domestic Services Attendant
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- Competitive pay rate: $23.2794 p/hour + 25% casual loading
- Weekend availability is necessary!
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Located in Avondale Heights, the Ron Conn home provides high quality accommodation and care to 60 older men and women who require assistance with daily living and personal care.
Wintringham is a seeking motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team at Ron Conn Nursing Home as a Casual Domestic Services Attendant to work an array of morning and afternoon shifts covering weekends. Weekday shifts will also be available to candidates to cover. We are seeking candidates with excellent communication skills, a non-judgmental attitude, and the ability to liaise with people form varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Working across the service areas of kitchen, cleaning and laundry
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for residents, staff and visitors
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas of the Home as per cleaning schedule
- Ensuring provision of clean laundry throughout the Home at all times
- To assist with the preparation and serving of all meals, drinks and snacks
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout theCOVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work?: The opportunities are endless, with shifts at our residential sites on offer. Check out our website for locations.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Qualifications and experience in food handling, infection control manual handling and use of chemicals (preferable)
- Availability on weekends to cover morning and/or afternoon shifts
- Prior experience in Aged or Community Care (preferable)
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Physically able to perform manual tasks including (but not limited to) bending & lifting
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
For more information about the role you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 12th August 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Candidates must have already or be willing to undertake a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.